Saturday, November 10, 2007

So close...

I like to cut it close on these weekend blog posts, eh? I will be glad when Nablo-whatever it is, is over so I can go back to my old life of only taking up my OH SO preccccious time at work to write my blog posts!

Not much to report or really to say. Saturday has been dazzling. I cut two inches of hair off so I look exactly the same as before...

Third acupuncture appt. was grand - the lovely Judy told me to get to a doctor STAT despite that fact that you all probably think I am lying about the twisted ankle TWICE now. My ankle really is rather large and swollen and there are two spots that hurt and have continued to hurt since the first "fall" down the stairs... SO I am sure I will get RIGHT on going to the doctor... Can you hear that? Yeah that is me laughing from my VERY COLD computer room.

I spent the afternoon with Matthew while my husband was out. That is all I will say about that. AND in all seriousness, I am not mad at him for being out drinking with the guys because that is so cool in my book... Really I am made at the fact that he told me be at BW3 to pick up at 4:00p SO I was. He could not get the cell phone turned on so he says. Which is fine too. BUT THREE OTHER PEOPLE WITH YOU HAD CELL PHONES! Hear that, that is my brain exploding. It sort of hurts. Actually I was mostly bummed because I was that close y'all... THAT close to the new car.

Yes, the Corolla appears to have "met its fate" - a rather quiet demise where the oil just sort of ran out of the place the oil is supposed to be, you know, all over our brand spankin' new drive way... I am sad to say good bye to the Corolla as it was my "first" big purchase all by myself as a grown up all of 22. I did a good job. The Corolla in question is a '94 and I think I paid something like $8k for in 1997 with about 25,000 miles on it. I think I did well in choosing a good long lasting EXTREMELY LOW maintenance care and now after 110,000 miles and 10 years, it is time to bid the little thing farewell...

I really am sad. See my Granny actually "bought" the car for me the year she passed away. My dad and uncle decided to avoid the pitfalls of death taxes by giving each grandchild their money in advance and reserved what was needed to take care of Granny. Granny was VERY well taken care of too, mind you. SO I paid that $8k in cash, I never had to take a loan out or make a car payment, ever!?!? How much does that rock at 22?!

Back to the main premise of this pathetic feel sorry for me NOW dammit post, we were supposed to go test drive the Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4 this afternoon and get a sense of which one we really wanted. THEN we were going to take Friday afternoon and buy the car we liked the most... It is likely this will not happen now. I have come to terms with this - that is okay. I thought about it - I felt we would have been rushed and Kevin would have been slightly boozy and I just would have been annoyed. Thus the new car will have to wait a few more weeks... such is life!

Off to laundry folding and more TV I go... And to get warm, it is like an ice box down yeesh (oh I will so LOVE to put the in laws down here next time BAH HAHAHAHAHA! I am kidding, seriously, I am KIDDING.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like those Honda CRVs...get one of those! :)