Friday, December 28, 2007

Q& A from Sundry

I was SO not going to post but I thought I would read and saw this on Sundry's page and decided to do the questions so with no further ado:

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Made more money than I ever imagined in all of my life

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Ha.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

It seems like everyone we knew either gave birth or got pregnant - I will answer Annie & Jason on this one

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Grandpa Rothwell (Kevin's grandpa who took me under his wing...) - I think that was 2006 however but still...

5. What countries did you visit?

Canada - wheeeeeeeeeeew hoo.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

Patience and less stress - also that my butt would shrink but I guess I did NOT lack that in 2007!

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Matthew's 2nd birthday, the day we found we were expecting #2, the day Kelly called me to tell me that she was opening her own day care, the visit to Seattle to see my family for the first time in two years, and the day Kevin's mom found out she had breast cancer.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

See #1; Also Matthew made it past the age of two and he seems fairly normal to date ;)

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not getting entirely in shape as I hoped to before getting pregnant

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Hmm, well there was the time (or two) that I tried to break my ankle, ya know, walking down the stairs and running around with my kid. I am getting OLD people OLD, I tell you.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A new house!!!! A new car!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

I have no idea - I guess see #1, 8 and also buying the house, the car, getting pregnant...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

There are too many to mention - I am always appalled and depressed about some aspect of my behavior. The whole losing my temper with Matthew (and Kevin) is the worst behavior I have that makes me feel like total crap.

14. Where did most of your money go?

See #11

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Getting/being pregnant!! Buying the house/car!!! Seeing Matthew so very happy at school with his little friends and with Kelly - really that one the most - I am NOT buttering you up Kelly - just the truth man, none of that other stuff would have been so easy had I not felt so wonderful about Matthew and his place in life at the moment

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Probably Alabama, Mississippi (Jim Gill - a kid's song) & Joshua Giraffe by Raffi) because we listened to those two songs (or heard them sung) about 908390205739058 times this past year and also it was lovely to watch Matthew grow and see him learning to love music and instruments so much (as well as many other things but I am most excited for the music part of it all!)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

Oy - loaded questions - Happier, probably thinner until I found out I was preggo, and richer (in more ways than monetary)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Exercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating crappy food to make me feel better about everything!

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At home with my family - eating, sleeping, playing with THE TRAIN SET, enjoying each other's company, cooking, generally relaxing!

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Again and again and again - with my dear husband and my son.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Without a doubt, Life.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope.

24. What was the best book you read?

UGH... I barely read this year - guilt guilt guilt! I guess the Harry Potter book but holy shit how pathetic!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Okay I know this person is a total losa but I love Amy Winehouse's voice - she is amazing if only she could stay off heroin and away from the abusive bf.

26. What did you want and get?

I wanted an iPod and I got it!!! SO flipping excited!

27. What did you want and not get?

Nothing really... the iPod was it.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Good question - we actually caught up on some good ones via Netflix - An Inconvient Truth & The Pursuit of Happyness were two I liked.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 34 this year and I celebrated with a day off doing some shopping, spending some of the day with Matthew and going out to dine dine with my hubby. It was lovely!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Nothing, I have nothing. This year was truly amazing for me.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

OMG - anything cheap (think Old Navy & Target) that fit my big old rear end...

32. What kept you sane?

Working out when I did it, Kevin and starting this blog.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I have to admit it was Damian Lewis from the TV show Life

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The Environment followed VERY closely by the war in Iraq.

35. Who did you miss?

I missed a couple of my friends that I felt like I lost touch with - I was reminded that life is busy and that people do not intend to lose touch, it just happens.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

This is not a new person but I reconnected with two old swimming buddies, Ryan Sand and Katie WAlden. I lost touch with so many people when I moved to the Midwest permantly - these were people I spent the better part of 14 years with from swimming so it makes me feel so wonderful to be in touch with them again!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

I have learned to never take any thing forgranted - I have been soaking up every moment as if it were my last because I feel like that is the way life is meant to be lived.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
These lyrics make me think of Matthew and how much I love spending time with him....how he makes me feel about time when I spend time with him, how time just seems to melt away...

Wasting time
Let the hours roll by
Doing nothing for the fun
Little taste of the good life
Whether right or wrong
Makes us want to stay stay stay stay for awhile
Later on
The sun began to fade
Then the clouds rolled over our heads
And it began to rain
Oh we were dancing mouths open
Splashing tongue taste
For a moment this good time would never end
You and me you and me
Just wasting time

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Aw. you just made me get all teary.

...let the hours roll by doing nothing for the fun...