Sunday, November 7, 2010

And that is that...

Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two get into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Hug her, apologize, find a way to help make it better, remember to be humble about life and all the gifts that it gives us.

Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Drank too much on many occasions and really there is just that one time that haunts my dreams and will probably never leave me no matter how much I try to let it go.

Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Travelled more to the places I want to go and see, lived in another country, and seen the world through young eyes before I had children.

Day 24 → Make a play list to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs.
(Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Not sure I quite have the time and energy for this one.
Maybe another day.

Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
That day a car very nearly hit me on my street where I was riding my bike.  I just went back up onto the side walk.  I was maybe nine or ten.  This was on Tatra Drive.  The man was drunk and for some reason he ended up in our neighborhood which to this day makes me wonder how or why but he did.  Our neighborhood that lead to nothing and was not connected to anything and was essentially a giant tract neighborhood like they all were in San Jose back in the day.  Three streets and a loop.  He drove down our street going maybe 50 MPH and ran his car head long into a large tree on the corner of Tatra Court.  He swerved barely missing me.  I swear to you can still feel the sweep of that car and see the look in his eyes.  I remember my heart pounding and pulse racing and knowing full well that I had just escaped death.  I never told anyone about this, ever.  Not even my parents.  I just sat on my bike and watched the ambulance come and the police and all the neighbors come out and now I think that somehow that drunk driver would come to define my life, my near brush with death.  That I had to follow a strange road that involved drugs and alcohol and a bad relationship to see how lucky I was to still be alive because I escaped that one drunk driver in the middle of the day on our quiet little street in San Jose CA.

No comments: