Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Falling Behind

Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
That I do not know. I hardly pay attention to compliments if I get them.  I think I only tend to look at the bad things...

Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
A list that never ends.  Honestly I am so not aware of this... I mean sure I can think of things I would never compliment myself on like oh I do not know my sparkling happy personality?   My ability to be an outstanding friend.  My foul mouth?  HA I actually could move that one of to compliments I receive the most.  Many people are amazed (appalled) by my foul mouth.  One person said you look so sweet and yet you have a mouth that is worse then a truck driver.  Fabulous...

Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Dave Matthews Band.
Dear Dave et al,

I love you guys.  You have helped me through light happy moments and deep dark moments.  I can remember playing songs over and over while driving and crying and I never felt alone with you all playing away in the car with me.  I fell for you the moment I heard you from a friend when I lived in Milwaukee in 1996.  I wanted to see you in concert at Summerfest but had no money. Do you even play venues like that any more?  Oh well.   You are my strength.  I love to hear my kids signing words to your songs and I love your songs most of which still resonate with me to this day.

You guys rock.  Keep on keeping!

Love, me

Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Errr, is it weird to not have a hero per say?  I guess my dad and he let me down when I was younger but I have learned so much from that both good and bad.  I have no desire to write a letter to him about this.  He was my hero.  I worshipped him as a kid/teen/young adult (I count young adulthood as going into my mid 20s, FYI.)  I wanted to much to be like him and lord knows I tried and failed which is very likely a good thing.  If I had kept it up, I would likely not be here to write this today given the lifestyle I was leading. SO that is that...

Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Weird.  Food.  Yes, my fucked up relationship with food.  I battle it daily.  I battle it hourly some times.

Kevin.  We lived apart for the better part of the first year of our relationship.  We knew we were meant to be together when it felt all wrong to be like that.  Ten years later I am glad we made the decision to stay together.  Cheesy but he truly completes me!

No comments: