Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Days of Truth

Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
I could definitely without a doubt live without drama.  BOO drama BOO. 

Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Stones From The River: I used to fully believe that all Germans were Nazis when Hitler was in charge.  That they all just drank the kool aide and followed him into a hellish evil existence.  This book taught me that no stoopid that is not true. Most Germans did not believe nor accept Nazi Germany nor did they want Hitler as their leader but he became so powerful so fast and would kill or harm anyone who dared to say he was not a good leader/person that many of the German people had no choice but to live with him, live in fear of him and forever be marked by him.

Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
I feel people who are loving and committed and want to show it should be able to irregardless of sexual orientation.  There is no where in the bible or religious doctrine that says it should not be so and dude you can point to whatever passage that is that says (oh and I am paraphrasing here) marriage between a man and a woman in a union BS and I will say ANYTHING can be interpreted the way you want it to be.  Think AMENDMENTS.  When our forefathers said right to bear arms, they were not thinking AKA 47s and UZIs to gun done thine neighbor...
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Huh.  Well, I think we all have the right to believe in who or what we want to.  We should never be extreme in our beliefs.  We should always be open to learn more and change our beliefs.  We should try to understand other religions/politics and learn from them rather then fight about them.   I believe that most religions and politics have some innate problems namely that humans have twisted and turned things to suit their needs with little regard for the initial intent.  I feel like when I am in nature, in my natural life, being present, living in the now, I experience the most grace, the extreme beauty this world has to offer and that mother nature is really the only deity in this world that we can rely on without question and yes, even in her most destructive, intense moments.

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
In moderation, I feel like alcohol is fine for me.  With that said, I think there is complete loss of control in our society over both.  It is madness.  Both do more harm then good always.  I live in fear of what genetics will bring to my kids given the addictions that are very present on both sides of our family.  I know that rather then fear I need to teach tolerance and moderation and being smart and living clean and so I do.

No comments: