Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Attention: Milk drinkers

I am not sure how many of you have been hearing about the "organic milk scandal" - or at least that is the way I think about it... If not, there is the link below. If you or your family drinks organic milk, you might like to know about this.

http://www.cornucopia.org/


If you do not know this, I am some what obsessed with the planet - yeah I know, I know this is somewhat of an all encompassing statement but since having Matthew I worry about the planet being there for Matthew and Matthew's little Matthew's (if he so choses to have little Matthew's), and so forth. It was always something I thought about, tried to be active about, etc... but now I am trying to be pro-active on this front (and what better place to do this but B-town.) This article is really good. It is long so be forewarned but it is about the degradation of the organics for various reasons.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_42/b4005001.htm

Sadly, organics are a far cry from the crowded little organic grocery store my mom and I used to frequent when I was growing up... I love shopping at our local co-op for many reasons but partly because it reminds me that place. Ah, the good ole days... ha, does this mean I am getting old? Will I torture Matthew with stories of walking to and from school in the snow uphill both ways? Shhh, don't tell him I was 20 yrs old at the the time and I had probably been out drinking which is probably why it seemed to be uphill both ways :)


No comments: