Monday, August 13, 2007

Movie Review Time

Yeah so we all know I am day late and dollar short on movies after a two year hiatus basically from movie watching. On Saturday night, I watched Talladega Nights. Sweet baby jesus, this is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. I am sorry but I have zero interest in NASCAR or race cars but this movie is hysterical.

If you have not seen it, run (or drive like a cougar's in the car coming for you...) - do not walk - and rent it. It is so much fun. I am totally not a big fan of this kind of movie - I still watch them hoping that I will run across a gem like this!

I also watched Mean Girls for the first time last evening. It is actually not that bad. Okay, I am total sucker for those kinds of movies ever since seeing Can't Buy Me Love when I was like 10 years old. Poor little Lindsey... she is a really cute girl, it is so sad that life imitates art so to speak.

Two thumbs up from the Schmidt family (minus Matthew) on Talladega Nights (okay, to be honest Kevin slept through most of it but he did laugh when he was awake and he woke up every time I laughed because I was laughing so hard - that HAS to count for something, no?)

1 comment:

Tess said...

Ugg, this did not show up on my Google Reader. Why?

LOVE Talladega Nights (Help me Jesus! Help me Tom Cruise!) (CONTROL YOUR HEARTRATE!) and also Mean Girls.