Thursday, October 11, 2007

Remarkable...

After 2 years and six months (that's 30 long sleepless months in other words...), my son sleeps. No really, close your mouth, wipe the drool, regain your composure. He sleeps. in a bed, not a crib. Through the *OMG* night. It is amazing to me.

Oh and he wakes up. WITH A DRY PULL UP ON ALMOST EVERY DAY! and gets out of bed on his own. And comes to our door with a smile on his face when he ready to get up. AND! and (flattening out my hair, pressing down my skirt) on the weekends, he sleeps in till 7:30a. At which time he wakes up and he just yells 'I hear you in there. Mommy I hear you.' And we yell back 'Good morning.'

Oh the joy of life with a 2.5 year old who sleeps. in. sort of. I rub my eyes in disbelieve every morning when I realize I did not get up once in the night to put my baby back to sleep and I am OH SO in love with this. This sleeping through the night thing. It is like a dream and please please please dear lord and all you internet people DO NOT pinch me to wake me up because I am LOVING this. It is the best one month till my 34th birthday present I could ask for! (oh and the reason I mention my birthday is not because I want to remind you that I am having a birthday and I that really like Body Butter from the Body Shop or facials and massages but because Matthew has been obsessing over my birthday. He pretends every day to give me some cake and says 'don't forget mommy to blow out the forest fire on top of that cake' and 'Happy Birthday Mommy because it is your birthday today!' Ahhh, I love 2.5 so much I want to hold on this age FOREVER and ever!)

By the way, ha I never doubted Matthew could sleep through the night... Please disregard all bitching posts from the past as I knew all along he could do this and it was mostly just something to bitch about... Yeah, I am totally lying... get over it. SLEEP, he sleeps... snore....

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I have totally always forgotten to mention that you & my husband share a birthday :) And I was also sitting on the couch last night watching Dirty, Sexy Money & loving the sleeping through the night thing also! Was planning a post about it soon too!

Tess said...

NICE. The holy grail. 7:30! Oh, I would KILL for 7:30.

Kelly said...

Congrats! I'm so glad that you will be able to catch up on some sleep-if there really is such a thing! ;)

Christina Schmidt said...

Tessie: I agree HOLY GRAIL... who knew back in college when 11-12p was the normal waking time that 7:30a would seem so luxurious!?!?

Kelly: HA there is never such a thing b/c wouldn't you know it - I stay up later then I used to which makes me even more tired than getting up 35 times a night... Sigh, oh the tangled webs we weave ;)