Friday, February 8, 2008

Is it over yet?

It is Friday. I know, I know it seems so simple to most people. Five days of the week, the last one if Friday, hooray and all that but SERIOUSLY this past week felt like FIVE weeks rolled into one. Do you have that ever? Like can any one day last ANY longer before I claw my eye balls out with a rusty hook? 'Cause for me that was this week.

At first I thought there was no reason but the more I think about it is work. Work has been kicking my ass ever since I became pregnant. Not in a I am tired kind of way because really suck it up. But in a my productivity has been low and OMG where are all the candidates? And why does no one call me and send their CVs and WHY do they NOT want to go where I have jobs? And don't they know I am pregnant - I need to work NOW so I can take three months off when I will have VIRTUALLY NO productivity??? SO that is the sucky part of a job that is based solely on your potential income coming from your productivity. While it is a recession proof industry for the most part it can be painfully horrible, devastating (said dramatically) when the market is not going your way.

Also, the other reason this week has been long has to do with the new/old no TV rule. It is fine. I do not struggle with NOT letting Matthew watch TV because I can find a billion things to do with him besides that but it is the constant state of nervousness I have been living in of how he will react to this each morning that has filled me with nervousness these long days. Which when I write just sounds weird. So far one meltdown and four days of peace SO at least I know it works and I know this will pass by. That Matthew will get used to it because he is resilient like that. Me? Not so much!

WHATEVER - YEAH IT IS FRIDAY AT LONG LONG LAST! Weeee to the weekend!

Weird question of the day. I am going to buy a "night gown" for the hospital after I give birth. I decided this because I wore that stupid hospital gown the whole time with Matthew & hated it. AND I brought NO good clothing to wear post partum with him. I seriously have NO idea what I was thinking when I packed the bag that 1st time! I want to be comfy while nursing and sitting in a hospital for however long we have to stay. I plan to bring a CUTE outfit to wear home because my god you all would have LAUGHED at me if you saw what I wore home with Matthew - I had the headache from hell from the spinal epidural thing so give me that at least...

At any rate, any ideas for places to buy nursing night gowns? I looked at Motherhood Maternity's web site three times now and I think they're options are pretty horrid. One has TEDDY BEARS on it? What the hell is that anyway? I hardly dressed my child in Teddy bears, why on earth would I stuff myself into that? Ideas are welcome!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out www.motherwear.com for nursing stuff. I've never purchased from here but they seem to have some nice things.

I, too, wore the stupid hospital gown the entire time after L was born. I was just too tired/sore to change my clothes. With C I got cleaned up and in shorts and a t-shirt (that was actually Jason's) before L came to see us. Beyond that I just had a thin robe that I wore. The second night I think I just wore that robe and a nursing bra.

Hooray for Fridays! I think work will kick my ass next week.

Anonymous said...

BTW...you shoudl totally go for the teddy bear night gown! Didn't you see that there is a matching onesie for the babe? :-)

Christina Schmidt said...

I did, unfortunately. Have you seen those mommy/daughter/whole family outfits? I was in Greenwood and saw a family wearing those outfits one time and I was in awe! THAT takes guts ;)

Kelly said...

I had one from Target with Grayson. You might also want to check Kohl's if you want something local.

Christina Schmidt said...

Thanks Kelly. I never think to look at Target for stuff like that!

jennifer said...

I got a really cute, IMHO, tank top & capri pants from Target with a matching robe (all very lightweight, hello JULY in the South!) and I loved it. Very easy to nurse in & still be completely covered and the gown really helped when schlepping myself to the restroom with a room full of family :) I think I paid probably $30 total & still use it all - HTH!

Christina Schmidt said...

Target it is! I will check it out once it gets more spring like here. I think it will TOTALLY need to be lighter even in the freezing hospital - I was a sweaty little monster after I had Matthew for weeks after... it was like the hormones ratcheted it up 10 notches and my normal body temp was 110 rather than the normal 98! WEIRD!

K and J's mom said...

I agree with the ol' Tarshay! I bought three kinda cute summer gowns there that either had buttons on the top or just were roomy enough to nurse without any difficulty. I loved them so much I wore them this time with J too! Bleh to the hospital gowns!!! I got outta those as soon as possible!!!