Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A princess in your midst

Did you know I am a princess?! No less, I am Cinderella? A princess in a "black shirt and jeans". Do not worry the Fairy Godmother gave me a beautiful gown to wear for the following conversation! And dear sweet Kevin, he is a prince (well he is to me but you know...) Prince Charming to my Cinderella! Wow, huh? Wow knew that was possible here in good old IN in the middle of the corn/soy fields!

Kevin bought Matthew one of those balloons on a stick so all day Sunday and Monday evening Matthew said he was the Fairy Godmother with his "wand". Our story line went like this:

Matthew: Mommy it is the stroke of midnight - you need to run away!
Me: Matthew, I am making dinner. Hold on.
Matthew: Mommy it is the stroke of midnight you need to run away!
Me: Matthew, I am making dinner. Hold on... (quietly cursing under my breath as I cut my finger...)
Matthew: Mommy it is the stroke of midnight you need to run away!
Me: (kicking my huge slipper off and pretending to run away.)
Matthew: Daddy, we need to find the person this slipper belongs to.
Kevin: Well, let's go. Does it fit on Lucy (the dog)?
Matthew: No (puts it on the dog)
Kevin Does it fit Santana (the dog)?
Matthew: No (puts it on the dog)
Kevin: Does it fit Daddy?
Matthew: No (puts it on Kevin)
Kevin: Does it fit Mommy?
Matthew: WHY YES! (puts it on me)
Matthew: Now you need to dance together. (Said in more demanding tone) Prince Charming, I said come dance with Cinderella, NOW!

SO we danced together THREE TIMES. Well at least my son is looking out for the romance in our house ;) The kid has a future in theatre too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this story! It's a little different in our house because L is ALWAYS the princess. I have to share the prince role with Jason.

AndreAnna said...

You need to ask him, next time he "directs" you: "What's my motivation in this piece?"

Too cute.