Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I found this MEME. Still not sure if MEME stands for something. Okay, I know it is March not January but I thought it would be fun to do any way!
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Raised a child that has no OFF switch!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope and Nope.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No not recently but I have FIVE friends who are currently pregnant and having bebes this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Ha! I visited the land of SLEEP. I can now sleep thru the night EVERY single night for the most part and Matthew goes to sleep at a reasonable hour now too (okay minus this time change crap...)

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
An even healthier, happier world (BIG plans for this... more to follow!)

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Every date had something that made an indelible mark on my mind because of Matthew. Matthew discovered something new everyday and seeing his excitement as he did so has made innumerable memories.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmmm, not losing my sanity while pretending to be Super Mommy. But for real, knowing that Matthew is a sweet, loving little person and I have contributed to that personality by half. And that Kevin still loves me even though I can be a big b-word some times.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting back down to my normal weight (hahahahaha...) GETTING THERE NOW, though!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have every illness that Matthew had minus the stomach flu (Thank you God) and these bloody hangnails I get all the time like welty puss filled blobs on my thumb - what is that? But other no nothing earth shaking.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A brand spankin' new bigger home that I am looking forward to sharing many new and exciting memories with K and M in.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

There are lots of people out there whose behavior merits celebration - today, I feel the people who marched to end the war over the weekend. I wish I could have been there...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I have to agree with the person who I stole this from - the media's ability to blow everything out of proportion and go on and on about something that has no relevance to the world (think Anna Nicole Smith.) Okay, and for real, my sister. Just plain crap that spewed forth from her fingers...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare. The new house. Savings/Investments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My blog. It is a huge bright spot for me - something to take me away, a place I can write (something I have been wanting to do for years and years, literally) and a way to communicate with everyone about daily life.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Little White Duck” by Burl Ives just because it reminded me of my childhood and I was so excited to introduce it to Matthew. On a personal note, So Damn Lucky (DMB) - I listen to this song obsessively.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier. About the Same but I lost another pound (for those of you keeping score!). Probably richer in all sense of the word.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, writing, and I wish I had more time with Matthew every single day.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being civil and staying quiet when silly people opened their mouths. Rank stupidity should be stamped out, not ignored. (I totally copied this from the previous person who did this but very well said and exactly how I feel!)

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent Christmas at our happy little home with lots of presents, love and good food!

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Everyday. I fall in love with Kevin more and more every day.

22. How many one-night stands?
Ha, none.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmmm. I cannot name just one. Lost. Bad Reality TV that takes me away when I stressed out. Monk. Cold Case.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Kite Flyer.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
None, I have not had time for new discoveries when it comes to music but watched Elizabethtown recently and LOVED that sound track and want to buy it soon.

27. What did you want and get?
A new house.

28. What did you want and not get?
To be a stay at home mommy for Matthew... (or a nanny.)

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ha, film - as in movie? Right? Okay, Elizabethtown. Loved it.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33. Kevin and I went for a dinner at Scholar's Inn, we snuggled and enjoyed each other's company (not like that, get yer mind out of the gutter!)

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmm, I am seriously not sure there is answer to that - if I could somehow find a way to make a lot of money and stay at home with Matthew that would be it.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Ok, for real, anything goes (as long as it does not have holes) AND yes I did mean to say it that way because that is how I think about it

33. What kept you sane?
Reading/writing Blogs, Talking to my hubby, letting things go more often, playing with Matthew

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dave (Matthews).

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Environmental issues and the war and all that surrounds the government issues related to that.

36. Who did you miss?
My family.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Friends from Matthew's swim class

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
No matter how right you feel you are in doing something, no matter how pure your motive and no matter how successful you might end up being … someone, somewhere is going to take it personal.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

These lyrics make me think of Matthew and how much I love spending time with him.
...how he makes me feel about time - it just seems to melt away in such a just right
wasting of the time and I LOVE THAT :)

Wasting time
Let the hours roll by
Doing nothing for the fun
Little taste of the good life
Whether right or wrong
Makes us want to stay stay stay stay for awhile
Later on
The sun began to fade
Then the clouds rolled over our heads
And it began to rain
Oh we were dancing mouths open
Splashing tongue taste
For a moment this good time would never end
You and me you and me
Just wasting time

No comments: